Monday, January 14, 2013

Grinder Pump or Sewage Ejector Pump?

Is a Grinder Pump or Sewage Ejector Pump appropiate for your application?


Grinder Pumps are needed when you have a septic tank on your property and you need to transfer the sewage to a city main. A regular grinder pump can be used for this application. However if your city main is pressurized, you will need a high pressure grinder pump, like the Little Giant 2 HP Grinder Pump. This pump has enough PSI to push the slug into the high pressure main. A regular grinder pump would be used in any other application where the transfer is not a pressurized main.



Sewage Ejector Pumps are needed when you have an additional sewage holding tank that is located below the level of the main septic system on your property. A sewage ejector pump is prefered because it does not grind the sewage it just transfers it up to the main septic system, allowing the solids to go to the main septic and break down naturally, and the liquids to drain into the leach system.

4 comments:

  1. Hey,
    your post simply take away my confusion about pumps for the my garden.
    Thanks for a beautiful share!!

    Sewage Pumps

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that choosing a grinder pump was so technical. I just thought I'd go rent whichever one I could find, but this changes things. I'll have to go find out if my city main is pressurized or not. That could make a huge difference. http://www.vogelsangusa.com/muffinmonster-replacement/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family and I have been looking into a new pump for our home. The pump that we currently have is starting to wear out. I hope I can find a new pump soon. http://www.ferncopumpservice.com/Pump-Repairs-Rehoboth-MA.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering what the difference between a grinder pump and sewage pump was. Our contractor told us we would need a sewage pump. From reading this, it appears a sewage pump should be cheaper because it doesn't need to grind anything down or handle high pressures. Am I correct in that assumption?
    http://fyleshoneywagonllc.com/services.html

    ReplyDelete